Friday, January 22, 2010

Flashback Friday - Week 1 The Mystery is Solved.

I've seen this weekly blog idea over on christopherandtia for quite some time now, I've always wanted to participate but I wasn't sure where to start.  Then this week my Uncle (who is mom's twin!) filled a photobucket with photos of the family.  After looking through all the photos he uploaded I came across a bunch of photos of their Dad, some of when he was older and quite a few of when he was in the Navy.  Something I never knew.  I also never realized how good looking he was!  I've only seen him a handful of times, he passed away in August of 2002.  Cancer.  Mom wasn't ever really close with him.. so in turn neither was I.  I always remember him with a giant beard.  So I was quite shocked to see him like this...

1957.

I now know where we all got our strange almond eye shape.  This too I've passed on to my son.  Mom and I always joked that my Grandpa wasn't really my Grandpa because she didn't think she looked anything like him.  After seeing him in his younger years, there is no question that my Grandma was faithful and I now know for sure that my Grandpa is my Grandpa.  And if he were here, he would now be a Great Grandpa, Oliver being his first great grandson!  

 
Grandpa Jess 1957

No comments:

Post a Comment